Network and Security Sr. Consultant
Location: India, Remote
At Cambay Consulting, everything we do, every day adds fuel to exceptional digital customer experience. We do this by utilizing our technology expertise to enable our clients to deliver an exceptional experience to their customers.
At Cambay Consulting our consultants work closely with a wide range of clients around the globe to deliver exceptional experiences by helping them identify their business requirements. We are seeking Sr. Consultant – Virtual Network and Security to join our managed services team at India Development Center. The Role involves managing our managed services customers as a technology leader. The role also needs to ensure quality delivery of managed services to our customers for opted services around Cloud infrastructure/platform virtual network and security. You will be working closely with the customer teams across geographies to ensure high availability, good performance and security to customer cloud services. While this is taking place, you will be learning and applying Cambay Consulting best practices to make a positive impact on our client relationships.
- Build, deploy and manage customer virtual network as per customer business needs and managed services contracts.
- Identifying, designing and deploying solutions to demonstrate high-level of positive attitude towards problem solving and manage the day-to-day issues.
- Assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes, Application Security(VA/PT), Infrastructure Security, data security, identity and access management (IAM), network security within cloud and on-prem environments.
- Performing Security Assessments both on-prem and Cloud security assessments.
- Plan and remediate the security issues and prepare Qualys / Teneable.io vulnerability
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Monitor network availability, performance and utilization
- Respond to network disruptions or anomalies and facilitate resolution
- Coordinate work with onsite networking resources to provide leveraged support model to respond to network disruptions
- Assess and optimize the connectivity ecosystem by ensuring that users, servers, data and applications are connected in the most effective manner
- Research, develop, and implement methods for leveraging cloud resources for automation
- Leverage experience to provide mentoring to other members of the technical team as appropriate
- Create and maintain necessary documentation for the environments handled.
- Coordinate and contribute in audits, upgrades, breach investigations and customer benefits
- Develop an environment of learning and sharing the knowledge and act as a team player
- Personal: Strong people skills, high energy and enthusiasm, integrity, and honesty, flexible, results oriented, resourceful, problem-solving ability, deal effectively with demanding situations, ability to prioritize.
- Leadership: Ability to gain credibility; work with a diverse customer base; maintain a positive attitude.
- Operations: Ability to manage multiple tasks. Perform task at hand in a customer friendly manner while utilizing time and resources efficiently and effectively.
- Technical: Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts; proficient with Microsoft Azure products.
- Managing technical mentorship of L2/L3 consultants or Sr. Consultant as their technology leader.
- Prepare training / competency building plan for L2/L3 teams and execute the same with the help of cloud operations manager.
- Drive a culture of self-learning or POC based innovation in managed services for new or upcoming technology.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High Technical knowledge of networks, network security and their configuration and operational processes
- Hands-on experience on NGFW’s like Palo Alto and Checkpoint, preferred if has expert level certification for either of the vendor (Like PNCSE or CCSE).
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills with respect to complex setups, involving load balancers, proxies, firewalls, anti-virus solutions etc.
- Experience on any of Public Cloud Platforms like Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Strong background and Experience with Physical and Virtual Appliances (NGFW’s) for VPN, NAT, Access Policies, Reporting, patching etc.
- Knowledge of Citrix Net scalar
- Experience on incident analysis with SIEM solutions like Splunk, Arc Site, Azure Sentinel preferred.
- Good understanding of Qualys / Teneable.io reporting and managing / mitigating the vulnerabilities identified in the reports.
- Good to have working knowledge of data centers, their architecture and security standards like NIST, ISO, OSWAP.
- Handle day to day network and security related changes and requests, issue troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge on writing and executing scripts on Azure CLI, Powershell or Python.
- Knowledge of Cloud IaaS concepts
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field preferred
- 8-10 years’ total experience working with relevant Microsoft and network/security technologies, preferably in a client-facing role to discuss design and solution.
- Experience with relevant skills per Skills Addendum for associated discipline.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work primarily in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be prone to sitting for lengthy periods of time. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Lifting requirements may be required to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
Employee is required to travel to business and customer locations, Nationally and/or internationally up to 30%.
The Company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Cambay Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.